As part of the Green Tourism Business Scheme, we are taking firm
steps to being an environmentally sustainable guest house.
To find out more about the Green Tourism Business Scheme visit
Wherever we go and whatever we do we have an impact ……
We are committed to sustainable tourism.
Broadwater Guest House
· We commit to comply with the relevant environmental legislation and approved code of practice.
· We are committed to continuously look at ways to improve upon the measures we are
currently doing and to look for new measures to implement.
· We will monitor our progress throughout the year and review our findings on an annual basis with a view to reduce our energy and water consumption and minimise our waste.
· We are continuously seeking to improve our environmental and social performance.
· We will raise awareness and encourage participation in sustainable business practices
· We assist customers to use products and services in an environmentally, sensitive way
· We liaise with the local community
· We have minimised our risks associated with social and environmental issues
· We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices
We invite our guests to:
· Switch off lights and heaters when not required.
· Use water with care.
· Support our towel and ‘bag it and bin it’ policy's.
· Recycle plastic, paper, card, glass, cans and spent batteries into the recycling unit
on the landing so that we can dispose of them in a responsible way
· Support local businesses
· Respect nature and our natural surroundings
· Walk/use public transport or hire a bike instead of using your car
· Adopt our visitor charter